The best glucometers, otherwise known as a glucose meter, is a device used to monitor approximate sugar levels in the blood. They are usually small and portable and are used by people with diabetes to monitor and maintain their blood sugar levels. Using a glucometer usually involves a small prick made on either the middle or ring finger after which the device analyzes the blood and shows the sugar levels on its digital screen. In this article, we have listed the 10 best glucometers and reviewed 5 of the best glucometers. We hope this article will aid you in choosing the best glucometer for you!
Top 5 | Best Glucometers Reviews
1. Best Glucometers The CONTOUR NEXT ONE Blood Glucose Monitoring System Kit
This CONTOUR NEXT ONE blood glucose monitoring system kit has made it the top of our list for one main reason; It is Bluetooth-enabled, allowing you to connect with their free mobile application and easily keep track of all your blood sugar level readings thus aiding you in managing any blood sugar problems you may be having. When buying just a glucometer device, test strips often do not come with them creating an extra expense. With this blood glucose monitoring system, however, you receive everything you may require to monitor your blood sugar levels. Also, the ‘second-chance sampling’ feature ensures none of your test strips will go to waste, as you can add more blood within 60 seconds.
- Kit Includes: The CONTOUR NEXT ONE blood glucose meter, 20 CONTOUR NEXT test strips, user guide and quick reference guide, microlite lancing device, 10 microlite colored lancets, logbook and carrying case, and warranty card are all included in the kit.
- Proven accuracy: CONTOUR NEXT one is shown to deliver remarkable accuracy(1) within ±8.4% Of lab values*
- Bluetooth enabled: seamlessly connect wireless system with the free app via Bluetooth technology
- Easy to use: smart light target range indicator immediately identifies if blood glucose readings are above, below, or within the target range for instant feedback
- Second-chance sampling: allows you to apply more blood to the test strip you are using within 60 seconds, which reduces wasting test strips and save money
2.Best Glucometers Pevor Store Electronic Blood Glucose Monitor Kit
Similar to the glucometer kit mentioned above, this Pevor Store electronic blood glucose monitor kit comes with a whopping 50 extra test strips (the highest number of extra test strips provided from all the glucose monitoring kits we’ve reviewed)! This is definitely one of the best glucometers currently available on the market. It is easy to use, fast, and features a large display making it ideal for the elderly who may need to conduct these tests/measurements themselves.
- With Extra Test Strips and Lancets: This kit includes 50 extra blood glucose test strips that work with the glucometer, as well as 50 extra lancets, for an extended supply of materials for at-home blood sugar testing.
- Simple to Test: Our lancing device has a low level of pain during the blood draw. A small blood sample is required to obtain an accurate reading; the only 1L of blood is required.
- 6S Fast to Test: With a fast test result time of 6 seconds, our diabetes testing glucometer provides instant results you can count on with high accuracy.
- Large Display Screen: With a large display monitor and clear instructions, the glucometer can read glucose levels ranging from 1.1-33.3 mmol/L and also memory store up to 500 test records.
- Easy to carry: Small and ergonomic. After 2 minutes, the system will shut down automatıically.
3.Best Glucometers McKesson True Metrix Self Monitoring Blood Glucose System
This McKesson True Metrix self-monitoring blood glucose system is one of the best glucometers for at-home use. Our personal favorite feature of this glucometer is the ‘ketone test reminder.’ That is, the installed alarm goes off twice a day; This can be of great help and use if you tend to forget to take your medication. Another awesome bonus point is that it is relatively easy and cheap to find test strips for this product; Simply search on www.amazon.com to find suitable test strips and order! Simple!
- For blood or control samples, audible fill detection is available.
- Ketone test reminder
- Easy-to-use strip release button
- Data-management capabilities
4.Best Glucometers Curo G10 Blood Glucose Home Test Kit
This Curo G10 blood glucose home test kit is the best glucometer for anyone looking for a quick and easy-to-use solution to their blood sugar level testing struggles. Almost every feature of this glucometer has been improved to achieve peak efficiency and quality. It only requires five seconds to produce accurate and reliable results. Similar to the CONTOUR NEXT ONE blood glucose monitoring system mentioned first, this glucometer also has a free mobile application that you can use to easily and efficiently keep track of your blood sugar levels. Another special feature of this Curo G10 blood glucose home test kit is the test strips. As we mentioned before, every feature of this has been upgraded for the best possible results; including the test strips! They include a gold electrode, enabling the most accurate results possible.
- FAST AND ACCURATE RESULTS: Get your results within 5 seconds after testing with the most accurate Glucose testing device on the market. For the most accurate test results, CURO G10 employs gold electrode strips
- AUTO CODING: When a test strip is inserted, our CURO G10 monitor detects it and codes itself. It’s as simple as inserting and testing!
- FREE APP INCLUDED: Save your data and previous results directly to your phone with our new CUROFIT app! No more scribbling results or going through device history; take your results with you wherever you go!
- MEMORY STORAGE: Track your Glucose levels by storing up to 300 readings with a date and timestamp in memory.
- REAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT: No more automated responses or attempting to reach out for assistance. We have a real team of CURO support agents ready to walk you through every step of the process. We also have video demonstrations of how to use our devices, as well as a comprehensive user manual included with the kit!
5.Best Glucometers HTTDD 3 In 1 Blood Glucose Meter
Lastly, we have the HTTDD 3-in-1 blood glucose meter. This may be at the bottom of our list, but it is definitely still one of the best glucometers. Personally, our favorite feature of this glucometer is the ultra-thin lancet; It offers a pain-free prick for comfortable use. This glucometer, however, is not like the others previously mentioned. This is a great option for people who would like to check not only their blood sugar levels but also their uric acid and cholesterol levels. Blood sugar, uric acid, and cholesterol all have a close relationship and changes in one of these may result in a change in the other making this an excellent all-rounder device.
- Convenient and simple to use: With just a small amount of blood sample, you can get accurate results in a matter of seconds. The fast and dependable blood glucose monitoring kit is a must-have blood glucose monitoring kit for every diabetic family member.
- You don’t need to operate the insert, its new design is more convenient to use, with higher precision and faster reflection.
- Precision meter: This machine will provide accurate results quickly. The precision of each result will allow you to better monitor your blood sugar levels.
- Simple to use: Simply turn on the power in the comfort of your own home, use the ultra-thin lancet for maximum comfort, apply a small amount of blood sample on the test paper, and the result will be accurate in a short time.
- The large display screen displays the test results, which are clear and ideal, suitable for the elderly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can the same glucometer be used by multiple people?
It is not recommended to ever share your glucometer with other people. In case of emergency and if someone neccesarily needs to share your glucose meter, make sure it is thoroughly disinfected before and after use.
2. Can glucometers be wrong?
Glucometers are, more often than not, correct and accurate. There can, however, be special cases where your glucometer readings are wrong.
3. What is the principle of a glucometer?
Nowadays, glucometers most commonly use an electrochemical method.
4. Do test strips expire?
Yes, test strips used for glucose meters can and do expire. Always ensure beforehand that the test strips have not expired, otherwise, the readings may be inaccurate or completely wrong.
4. Which finger should I use to check my blood sugar?
When using a glucometer, WHO (the World Health Organization) recommends using your middle or ring finger. Avoid using your pinky/little finger because the skin is extremely thin.
5. What is a normal blood sugar level?
Any blood sugar level below 140 mg/dL (7.8 mmol/L) is considered normal.