Stethoscopes are a necessity, not only for doctors but for emerging doctors and nurses too. It is mainly used to listen to the lungs, heart, and intestinal tract as well as for checking blood pressure. To make your already busy life easier, we’ve compiled a list of the Prestige Medical Stethoscopes for Medical Students & Nursing School Students and nursing school students. There is such a large variety of different brands, prices, and features that it can often be overwhelming to look for the perfect one. Making the wrong decision and buying the incorrect stethoscope can be a huge risk, as it is often a huge investment being made – buying a good quality stethoscope for a slightly higher price is ideal because it will last you an extremely long time.
Prestige Medical Stethoscopes for Medical Students & Nursing School Students – Stethoscope Reviews
1. Best Price | CAVN Dual Head Stethoscope with Case for Nurse Doctor Medical Student
This CAVN Dual Head Stethoscope has made it to the top for 2 main reasons: the quality and the price. This combination of advantages is ideal for medical students and nursing students since their budget is usually quite low. With quality that is comparable to Best Littmann Stethoscope, which we will also cover later in the article, this is definitely one of the best stethoscopes for medical students. This stethoscope includes many extra items such as a name tag, dual-head, turnable chest piece, extra ear tips (to ensure maximum comfort on those long days), an extra soft diaphragm, and a detailed manual.
Below are some product specifications as well as tips:
- Color: Smooth Black
- Weight: 300 grams
- Material: Smooth Surface
- [Important Tips]: 1. Observe the radian of the ear tube of the stethoscope, and tilt the ear tube forward. 2. When the stethoscope is worn correctly, the ear tube will fit perfectly and tightly to the ear canal. 3. If the stethoscope is worn incorrectly, the ear tube will be against the back of the external ear canal, which will affect the sound quality.
- Dual Head Stethoscope: Please rotate the stem to switch between low and high frequencies. (Rotate 180° ) If there is no sound from the stethoscope, please rotate the stem to change the frequencies. (Rotate 180° )
- Great Acoustic Quality: this stethoscope is designed with a turntable chest piece and thick tubing, provide a super clear sound for you owning to its reliable acoustic performance.
- Valuable Kits: Coming with extra ear tips, extra diaphragm, and detailed user manual. It is a perfect gift for doctors, nurses, medical students, EMTs, veterinarians, and so on.
- Durable Tube: Latex-free. It is healthy and durable. The thicker design promises longer tubing life. Clean this stethoscope with alcohol wiping.
2. Most Choices | ASA Techmed Premium Stethoscopes Sprague Double Tube Adult and Pediatric Stethoscope
The second stethoscope on the list is, again, a more pocket-friendly option for all the students out there emerging in the medical field. This ASA Techmed Premium Stethoscope boasts accurate readings (to avoid any possible mistakes, especially while still studying!), a dual-head chest piece for practicality, and noteworthy acoustics for precise audio readings. In fact, this product is so reliable that they have a 30-day money-back guarantee if the stethoscope does not comply with the quality and specifications are given! Alongside this, you can choose from a range of 3 colors (black, pink, and purple) to best match your personality.
- DIAGNOSE WITH CONFIDENCE: The Asa Techmed Sprague Rappaport Stethoscope is a lightweight diagnostic instrument that delivers accurate auscultation of heart, lung, and Korotkoff sounds with high acoustic clarity. It features a super-duty, lightweight aluminum dual-head chest piece that is precisely machined and hand polished for high performance and durability. 100% stainless steel construction and acoustically superior stainless steel with comfortable ear tips included. Easy to clean and store.
- CHROME PLATED DUAL HEAD CHESTPIECE: The handcrafted stainless steel dual-head chest piece is precisely machined and hand polished for maximum performance and convenience. The rotating acoustic valve stem allows the user to easily identify and isolate the active sound channel. For greater amplification and crisper high-frequency sealed sound, a lightweight combination of a bell and a highly sensitive, non-chill diaphragm is used.
- PREMIUM DOUBLE TUBING: High-quality tubing keeps its flexibility + shape while storing. It provides longer stethoscope life and is not made with natural rubber latex, a benefit to sensitive medical professionals and many patients. The Latex Free PVC Y-configuration features a non-stick surface and provides insulation for superior sound transmission. It promises to seal out ambient noise while preventing the cracking and wearing that can occur from repeated use.
- OUTSTANDING ACOUSTICS: Soft silicone ear tips and delicately balanced binaural aid in sound isolation for accurate audio readings. Our headpiece’s flexibility, comfort, and accuracy are the highlights of its precise performance. There are three pairs of soft ear tips included: Small, Regular, and Large. A longer tube length provides more space between the patient and the physician/nurse.
- RISK-FREE BUY: Being so sure about the top quality, durability, and excellent performance of our Stethoscope Kit, we offer you a 30 day, money-back guarantee of complete satisfaction. With nothing to lose, order yours today and offer yourself peace of mind!
3. Best Overall | 3M Littmann 5807 Classic III Monitoring Stethoscope
This, I believe, is one of the best stethoscopes for medical students who want a higher-end brand, as it is cheaper than many others of its kind. The compact 3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope is also ideal for medical students because they must deal with lower-risk cases and it is designed especially to monitor and assess children and adults in non-critical situations. The high acoustic sensitivity, ear comfort, and variety of bright colors to represent your personality make this a great pick. Similar to the ASA Techmed Premium Stethoscope, this 3M Littmann Class III Stethoscope also comes with a guarantee, but for five years, making sure to minimize the risk involved in making this purchase!
- Both the adult and pediatric sides of the chest piece have tunable diaphragms.
- Because its surface is smooth and free of crevices, the single-piece tunable diaphragm is simple to attach and clean.
- The pediatric side converts to a traditional open bell by replacing the single-piece diaphragm with a non-chill rim
- Because of improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol, next-generation tubing has a longer lifespan and is less likely to pick up stains.
- A small tunable diaphragm is useful for pediatric, small, or thin patients; around bandages; and for carotid assessment
4. Best Quality | 3M Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope
The last stethoscope, but absolutely not the least, is the 3M Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope. This is definitely a huge investment for medical students considering its high price, but you will definitely use this stethoscope for a long time to come after purchasing it – some customers have only required a change after 10+ years of consistent use! – meaning you can use this stethoscope both while you’re studying and after you’ve begun your professional life. Moreover, this 3M Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope is widely recognized for having the best acoustic response in all of Littmann’s mechanical stethoscope lines.
- Chestpiece delivers Littmann’s highest acoustic performance along with a handcrafted, eye-catching design (design that stands out)
- To capture low and high-frequency sounds, the tunable diaphragm responds with a simple pressure change.
- Two-in-one tube design (dual lumen) eliminates noise interference from two external tubes rubbing together
- The Special-Procedures Adaptor (included) allows for infant or pediatric auscultation, increasing the instrument’s versatility.
- The anatomically designed headset is angled to meet the ear canal’s path.
Both Littmann stethoscopes mentioned above include a free 3M Littmann Learning Institute application, which can aid you in practising and improving your skills, resulting in higher efficiency and improved performance in school or the clinic. With the app, you can:
- Develop diagnostic skills using patient scenarios
- Listen to real heart and lung sounds to recognize different conditions
- Track your progress
- Test your knowledge
5. Best Starter-kit | ASA Techmed Nurse/EMT Starter Pack Stethoscope
If you’re looking for an inexpensive, high-quality, complete starter kit, this is the best option for you. Although this is not just a stethoscope, we thought it would be ideal to show students that are a range of products out their available to them – depending on their intended purposes. The reason we’ve added this kit to our list of best stethoscopes for medical students and nursing school students is, mainly, due to the price. It is relatively inexpensive, but still provides high-quality acoustics as well as accurate results. Its lightweight is best for medical students, nurses, doctors, etc. who are constantly on the move and who cannot carry an entire medical kit with them everywhere they go. As a final bonus point, it comes in a range of colors (pink, black, navy blue, purple, red, etc.) for you to pick and choose from based on your personal style!
- COMPLETE MEDICAL STARTER KIT: This Stethoscope, Blood Pressure Monitor, and EMT Shears set are perfect for a medical or nursing student – or professionals in the field today. This is a high-quality set with great value for the price.
- A LIFE-LONG BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR: The manual blood pressure cuff has a pin stop movement and an extended universal blood pressure cuff made of high-quality PVC and polyester (LATEX FREE), as well as a matching zip storage bag. Its metal gauge is made of zinc alloy and is intended to provide clinical accuracy.
- MATCHING COLOR STETHOSCOPE: To match your bp monitor, this kit also includes a dual head stethoscope with latex-free tubing and a chrome-plated chest piece. This stethoscope provides high-quality acoustics and accurate results for professionals and students.
- EMT TRAUMA SHEARS: A matching pair of trauma shears completes the set. The heavy-duty stainless steel blades can cut through multiple layers of fabric, along with tougher materials such as denim, leather, vinyl, and more. Ergonomic handle design allows for comfort and easy accessibility. Cut through bandages with ease and use on a patient without cutting their skin thanks to the angled protected blades.
- A RESPONSIBLE MEDICAL TOOL: This set is portable and lightweight, and it can be carried without causing discomfort, so you can take it with you while travelling, at work, at home, or anywhere else. Get everything you need in one low-cost kit to propel your career or monitor your own health at home.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1 ) Can the stethoscope stop working?
There are many reasons you may not be able to hear anything or hear clearly from your stethoscope, but the most common is the head-set alignment. You should adjust the headset while holding onto the ear-tube until you have the most comfortable fit.
2) Do stethoscopes need batteries?
Every stethoscope works differently, but most commonly, you should use 1 AA alkaline, lithium, or NiMH battery to your electronic Although alkaline batteries are the default batteries, the lithium batteries are ideal for low-temperature uses and have a longer life.
3) How can I hear better with a stethoscope?
Ideally, you should use a very light and gentle touch whilst placing the chest piece directly onto the skin, so as to get the clearest and most accurate sounds. Although you can still hear over thin pieces of clothing such as t-shirts, it is not recommended if you are trying to get very accurate hearings.
4) What are the two sides of a stethoscope used for?
Most stethoscopes have dual-head features, meaning they have two different heads to receive sound – the bell and the diaphragm. The bell is used to hear lower-frequency sounds whereas the diaphragm is for higher-frequency sounds.
5) Do medical students need stethoscopes?
Yes, it is a requirement at most schools to have a stethoscope when you start medical or nursing school.
6) How do you fix stiff tubing on a stethoscope?
When wearing a stethoscope around the neck, you should try to always wear it under your shirt or coat’s collar, to avoid direct contact with the skin. You should also treat the tubing with a vinyl protector once every month.
7) How should you store a stethoscope?
You should store your stethoscope away from direct sunlight as these constant sun exposures will harden the tubing. You should also keep it away from solvents and oils, should not put heavy items on top of it, and should not store it wrapped up tightly folded in pockets or bags.
8) How do I clean my stethoscope?
If disinfecting your stethoscope is required, it should be wiped with a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution. Any other cleaning solutions (e.g. hand sanitizer) should not be used because they contain additives that may damage parts of the stethoscope. Never immerse your stethoscope in any liquids.